Men’s Aid is Ireland’s national dedicated domestic abuse support service for men, their children and families experiencing domestic violence including coercive control.
Men’s Aid is victim focused and provides a national service underpinned by a victim centric and human rights proofed approach aimed at ensuring all male victim survivors receive the required support.
In 2020 our domestic abuse frontline service supported 5,500 contacts and in 2021 we supported a 42% increase in contacts to almost 8,000 contacts, including 25 nationalities.
Sadly we are seeing the increase continuing in early 2022, supporting 19 nationalities and 853 contacts in February.
Government research shows at least 1 in 4 women and 1 in 7 men will experience an abusive relationship during their lifetime.
The emerging situation in terms of the escalation of domestic abuse and associated crimes shines a spot light on how important it is for society to recognise that domestic abuse is a crime.
Our services include:
- National Helpline – Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
- One to One appointments – In person appointments to discuss your situation in more detail
- Court Support – Dolphin House, Family Law Court, Dublin. Dundalk, Trim, Galway and Waterford Courts
- Counselling with an experienced qualified psychotherapist
- Training Academy – QQI delivered training for frontline professionals & workplaces
- Diversity & Inclusion workshops – Community workshops supporting members of the LGBTQI+ communities
- Advocacy – The national voice representing the voice of male victim survivors, striving for equal supports nationally